The Elmhurst District 205 Summer Instrumental Music Program offers an exciting opportunity for all current 4th -8th grade band and orchestra students and 6th – 8th grade choir students to continue with instrumental music instruction in June and July. Regular practice during the summer months is critically important for band and orchestra students to reinforce the concepts and skills that they have learned and practiced during the school year. Moreover, learning and playing music is an activity that should be enjoyed year ‘round.
- The Summer Instrumental Music Program will run from June 12 through July 14. (No class on July 3 or 4.)
- The registration fee is $92.00. The registration fee includes a Summer Instrumental Program T shirt.
- Rehearsals for current elementary band and orchestra students (incoming 5th and 6th graders) will be held Monday through Thursday mornings at Bryan Middle School. Each rehearsal is one hour. There will be a rehearsal on FRIDAY, July 7th (in place of the July 3rd holiday). The final performances will be on FRIDAY, morning, July 14.
- Rehearsals for current middle school band and orchestra students (incoming 7th, 8th, and 9th grade students) will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at York High School. There will be a rehearsal on FRIDAY, July 7th (in place of the July 4th holiday). Middle School Summer Band and Orchestra students may also participate in Jazz Band. The final performance will be on THURSDAY, July 13th.
- NEW this year, current middle school choir students (incoming 7th, 8th, and 9th grade students) may participate in the summer choir at York High School on Monday and Wednesday evenings (No Class on Monday, July 3rd). Middle school students who register for summer band or orchestra may also enroll in choir at no additional cost. The final performance will be on THURSDAY, July 13th.
The District 205 Summer Instrumental Program is designed to accommodate students who go on vacation and/or participate in other summer activities. Students who can only attend part of the summer program are still strongly encouraged to register and attend whenever they can! Students who practice their instruments during the summer are much more likely to experience continued success in band and orchestra. We strongly encourage your son or daughter to participate as much as he/she is able!
Registration for the Dist. 205 Summer Music Program began on March 20, 2017. You may register for the summer music program by using the Webstore (District) link, also found on the District 205 website: www.elmhurst205.org. The deadline for registration is Friday, May 12, 2017. More details can be found on the Summer School website.