- September 21, 2021 @ 7 pm on Zoom
- October 19, 2021 @ 11:30 am in the Sandburg Maker Space
- November 9, 2021 @ 7 pm on Zoom
- December 14, 2021 @ 11:30 am in the Sandburg Library
- February 8, 2022 @ 11:30 am in the Sandburg Library
- March 15, 2022 @ 7 pm on Zoom
- April 12, 2022 @ 11:30 am in the Sandburg Library
- May 17, 2022 @ 7 pm on Zoom
For more details, including Meeting Notes, please see the Meetings page.
The mission of Sandburg PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. We collaborate with the school to encourage students to become confident, independent, responsible and respectful learners.
Last Updated: September 20, 2021
Click on a topic below to see further details:
- New! Spartan Store Opening This Week!
- New! Halloween Costume Donation Drive
- School Picture Proofs Update
- Join the PTA for the 2021-22 School Year
- DirectorySpot Updated for 2021-22 School Year
- Join Elmhurst Music Boosters for 2021-22
- Foundation 205 - Order Outdoor Holiday Trees
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
September 21 - First PTA Meeting, via Zoom @ 7 pm
- September 22 - Late Start (here is the Late Start Bus Schedule)
- September 22-24 - 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball Tryouts
- September 24 - Last Day to purchase Last Year's (20-21) Yearbook
- September 24 - 6th Grade Fall Social, 5-6:30 pm
- September 29 - Picture Retakes
- September 29 - SERG Parent Webinar, 7 pm
- October 1 - 8th Grade Fall Social, 5-7 pm
- October 1-3 - NAMI DuPage Octoberfest
October 8-22 - Online Sandburg Scholastic Book Fair
October 8 - No School (Teacher Institute Day)
October 11 - No School (Columbus Day)
October 12-15 - Halloween Costume Donation Drive
October 13 - Gia Mia Eat 'n Earn for Sandburg PTA
- October 15 - Required physicals for the year due
- October 15-22 - Sandburg's Scholastic Book Fair
- October 20 - Late Start (here is the Late Start Bus Schedule)
- October 21-22 - Parent Teacher Conferences
October 21 - Parent Teacher Conferences (4-8 pm)
October 22 - Parent Teacher Conferences (8 am - 3 pm)
- October 22 - No School (D205 Middle Schools only)
More school information can be found on the New to Sandburg page.
Please note: We do our best to keep this page updated and correct; but in our ever-changing world we might not always have everything right. This information is not a substitute for your own due diligence (and if you see something on this page that needs to be corrected, please contact Anna Wick).
Calling all Sandburg Parents and Teachers!!!
Please help keep our traditions alive at Sandburg by joining the PTA. The PTA sponsors many great events for our students, including welcome back to school events, faculty/staff appreciation, school dances and much more. Also, joining the PTA gives you access to the electronic Sandburg School directory through the Directory Spot app!
Joining the PTA does *NOT* obligate you to any commitments - we use your dues to help fund all of the PTA events. That said, we are always looking for volunteers to help with all the activities and events we sponsor during the year, and you will be invited to help out with those events as they come up. Also, attending our monthly PTA meetings (half on zoom, half in person) will help keep you informed about what is going on at Sandburg, and provide you with opportunities to ask questions and give your input.
Payments can be accepted by credit card or check:
- Credit Card: Pay on-line at the PTA MemberHub store. Credit card payments are subject to a service fee.
- Check: Download the form, print and fill out, and then mail or drop off with check payment to Kelly McDermott at 178 E Fremont Ave.
PTA Membership fees have remained unchanged for many years, despite the increase in fees owed to the National PTA organization. All PTA programs at Sandburg are funded by Fair Share Fees and additional donations. We are striving for 100% membership this year. Thank you in advance for becoming a PTA member!
For questions please contact Kelly McDermott.
Please join us at our first PTA meeting of the 2021-2022 school year. It will take place on Zoom (Meeting ID: 230 035 6597, Passcode: Sw7X4F), on Tuesday, September 21 at 7:00 pm. Mrs. Fehrenbacher and Mr. Gail plan on attending. This is a great time to learn what's happening at Sandburg and for Q&A with our school administration. In addition, the proposed 2021-2022 budget will be presented for a vote. We look forward to seeing you on Zoom!
The Spartan Store will be open starting September 21! Ongoing hours are:
- Tuesdays, 8 to 9 am and 2 to 4 pm
- Thursdays, 11 am to 1 pm
Tryouts for the 7th and 8th grade girls basketball team will be held on the following dates. Students need a current physical in order to participate. If you are interested in trying out please fill out this form.
7th Grade Tryouts
- Wednesday, September 22 - 3:30 - 5:00 pm
- Friday, September 24- 3:30 - 5:00 pm
8th Grade Tryouts
- Thursday, September 23 - 3:30 - 5:00 pm
- Friday, September 24 - 3:30 - 5:00 pm
Mrs. Morser (7th Grade Coach) & Mrs. Bevly (8th Grade Coach)
Additional yearbooks from last school year (2020-21) are for sale in the office. They are $25.00 each. If you are interested please stop by our main office before September 24th and purchase one.
This is a great opportunity to meet fellow 6th graders and celebrate new beginnings as Sandburg Spartans! The 6th Grade Fall Social will be held before the York / Lyons Township football game on September 24 from 5:00-6:30 pm! The tailgate themed event will take place outside behind Sandburg, with a DJ, gift card raffles, bags games, pizza and snacks for all 6th graders to enjoy. Please see the 6th Grade Fall Social Signup to pick your spot to help with donating or volunteering. Thank you for your help, and we look forward to seeing your 6th grader at the social!!
School picture proofs have arrived at school and have been given to students. If students missed picture day in August or need a retake, September 29 is the day to get your picture taken. You do not need to return the proofs to have a picture retake. This picture will be for both the student's ID card AND yearbook. Click here for the flyer with picture ordering information.
All 8th graders can show their school spirit and join their fellow 8th graders for the Fall Social that will happen on Friday, October 1 from 5:00-7:00 pm outside behind Sandburg. Refreshments, pizza and desserts will be provided, along with a DJ and other fun activities. Volunteer and donation opportunities are available, please see the 8th Grade Fall Social Signup.
The Spartans Giving Back committee is excited to kick off the school year by organizing a Halloween costume donation drive in conjunction with the charity organization We Pop Up. Spartan families are asked to donate gently used, school appropriate Halloween costumes of all sizes during the week of October 11. Costume donations will be collected at Sandburg. The We Pop Up team will distribute the Halloween costumes to D205 families in need on October 18. For questions, please contact Carrie Martin or Kathleen Meade.
On Wednesday, October 13, gather your family or make a date with friends to fund your PTA and support local! Eat-in or order it to go! The Sandburg PTA receives 20% of sales when you have dinner at Gia Mia in Elmhurst. See all of the details on the Gia Mia Eat 'n Earn flyer. Questions? Contact Tracy Ries.
Sandburg’s Scholastic Book Fair is coming! Our Annual Book Fair will be held online from Friday, October 8th to Friday, October 22nd, and in-person from Friday, October 15th to Friday, October 22nd in the Sandburg Library. For all of the details, including hours and payment options, visit the Sandburg Library's Book Fair webpage. To shop early starting October 8, you may go directly to the Scholastic Book Fair webpage. Thank you so much for supporting the Sandburg Library with our Scholastic Book Fair!