Due to COVID-19, meetings are currently being held on Zoom.
434 936 1640, No passcode) Tuesday, May 18 @ 9 AM For more details, see the Meetings page.
The mission of Sandburg PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. We collaborate with the school to encourage students to become confident, independent, responsible and respectful learners.
Last Updated: April 19, 2021
Beginning April 12, all in-person students will begin full day, five days a week attendance. Full details here.
- Current daily schedule times here.
- April attendance days here.
- There will be NO late-start days for the remainder of the school year.
- Parents MUST self certify their child each day. The link is here.
- Lunch: Here is the lunch menu for the next couple weeks. Lunch is free to any student. Each morning between 8:30-9:00 students will fill out the form that is emailed to them to request a lunch.
- Last day of school is May 27 or May 28, depending on grade. Details below.
- Lunch supervisors are NEEDED. More info here.
COVID SCREENING DETAILS
Students who attend in-person and those participating in extracurricular activities will be required to participate in the District’s COVID-19 Screening program:
District screening program website here.
- Contact the Sandburg school office if you need supplies
- Schedule: ALL students will be dropping of screening samples every Tuesday for the remainder of the school year.
- PTA Nominating Committee has proposed a full slate of officers for the 2021-22 school year. Voting will take place at the Sandburg PTA meeting on April 20. (More details below.)
- Join the PTA here
- Online School Directory information here
- Sandburg Families Facebook Page here
- PTA Reimbursement forms here
Current: Sign up for D205 Summer Fine Arts Enrichment Program. This summer, in addition to Band, Orchestra, and Choir, there are also opportunities for Dance and Visual Arts. Details here.
April 22: The City of Elmhurst Commission on Youth Presents “Alcohol and Drug Issues in Youth During Covid”. Details here.
April 24: Lyons Club Pizza Party fundraiser. Details here.
thru April 25: Order Sandburg Spirit Wear. Details below.
April 26-28: IAR Testing. Students will need a charged chromebook, headphones, a good night’s rest, and a book to read.
May 27: Last day of school for 8th grade. Details below
May 28: Last day of school for 6th and 7th grade. Details below.
If there ever was a year to purchase a yearbook, this one is it! This year's book will tell the story of the historic 2020-2021 school year including pictures of students as well as coverage of current world events. School yearbooks are memories that will last a lifetime! Don't miss out on your chance to purchase a book for your Sandburg student(s). Books are only available online and the purchase deadline is approaching soon. Click here to purchase your book today.
The yearbook needs your help! We are looking for pictures to include in this year's book. Below are the categories that we are currently accepting pictures for. All pictures may only be of current Sandburg students and should be recent. If you have any problems uploading pictures using the links below you can send them directly to Mrs. LaPenna email@example.com.
Thank you for your help!!!
- Birthday Celebrations- submit pictures of students celebrating their birthday THIS YEAR
- I am Thankful - submit pictures of students holding a sign of what they feel thankful for.
- Hobbies - submit pictures of students participating in a hobby
- Kids in masks
- Learning Spaces - submit pictures of students in their home learning spaces
- Comfy Sunday - submit pictures of students being comfy (in bed, in jammies, wrapped in blankets, etc.)
- Happy Holidays - submit pictures of students celebrating the holidays over winter break
- Winter Fun - submit pictures of students having fun in the winter/snow
- Sports Gear - submit pictures of students wearing anything sports related (sports gear, jerseys, etc.)
The spring Sandburg spirit wear store is open for business! Order online here. The store closes on Sunday, April 25. Items will be delivered to school mid-May. For remote families, we will coordinate pick-up dates or delivery to your home. Questions, contact Rachel Stockard.
It is with great pleasure that the Nominating Committee presents to you for sincere consideration, a complete 2021-2022 officer slate:
- President - Patti Berner
- President-Elect - Tracy Ries
- Treasurer - Krista Nunemaker
- Co-Secretary - Susan Larrick and Erin Stratton
- Membership - Kelly McDermott
Mark your calendars for 7 pm, Tuesday, April 20 (Zoom link Meeting ID: 434 936 1640, No passcode), for the Sandburg PTA monthly meeting when the PTA membership will vote on the slate above. Installation of your officers will take place on the last meeting of the year, 9 am, Tuesday, May 18.
Thank you to the Sandburg PTA Nominating Committee members Patti Berner, Kelly McDermott, Krista Nunemaker, Katharine Wagner Erin Stratton and Shawna Roubitchek for graciously giving of their time and talents to this important endeavor.
May 27 will be the last day of school for 8th grade, and May 28 will be the last day of school for 6th and 7th grade:
- 8th graders: Students will have a half day on May 27 and promotion ceremony will be late afternoon on May 27 at Sandburg outside. (More details TBA.)
- 6th and 7th graders: May 27 will be a full day of school, and May 28 will be a half day of school.
JOIN THE SANDBURG PTA
Haven’t joined yet? No problem, you still can by clicking here to register and pay online, or fill out a registration form that can be turned in with a check (written to Sandburg PTA) and dropped off or mailed to the home of Kelly McDermott, 178 E. Fremont. For questions contact Kelly McDermott. Thank you for your support of Sandburg!
The Sandburg PTA online school directory is now available to paid PTA members through Directory Spot.
If you already have a password, you do not have to do anything. Log in using your existing username and password and the new Sandburg Directory will be available to you. If you are a new Directory Spot user, click the “set password” link in the email to set your password, download the DirectorySpot app as instructed and log in to begin using. If you are a user on more than one Directory Spot directory such as Sandburg Middle School and York HS, you should now see a new icon on the bottom right of the app. It's labeled "Directories.” From there, simply select the school you want to access, toggling easily between the directories.
More information about the directory can be found here. The PTA administrators can update Directory Spot at any time throughout the year, so if you have changes in your information, please contact Lara Stavridis or Kelly McDermott.
If you have not joined the Sandburg PTA for the 2020-2021 school year, you will not have access. (To join the PTA, see the directions above.) If you have more than one email address on file, you may not have access. If you are unsure or have questions, please contact Lara Stavridis or Kelly McDermott.
Please join us on Facebook! We’ve created a group for Sandburg Families where we can connect and stay informed. The primary focus of this closed group of Sandburg parents is to share upcoming Sandburg D205 events with each other. Join us on Facebook at Sandburg Families.
If you have any receipts for reimbursement from the PTA, please complete the attached reimbursement form and send the form and receipts to Krista Nunemaker for reimbursement. If you have any questions, please contact Krista at firstname.lastname@example.org.