The mission of Sandburg PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. We collaborate with the school to encourage students to become confident, independent, responsible and respectful learners.
COMMITTEE POSITIONS FOR 2019-2020
6th Grade Fall Social: Nicole Krzak and Bonnie Allen
6th Grade Spring Social: Katerina Hickey
7th Grade Fall Social: Traci Wright
7th Grade Spring Social: Kati Kemph
8th Grade Fall Social: Linda Davies
8th Grade Promotion Party: Wendee Reedy and Angela Bagdasarian
8th Grade Activity Day: Wendee Reedy
All School Dance: Stacey Roginski
Career Day: Laura Stukel
Dance Class: Lisa Vasilopoulos
Directory: Lara Stavridis
Fresh Start Breakfast: Randa Barber and Renee Pas
Great Donation Day - PTA Council Rep: OPEN
Hospitality: Laura Gibson and Tracy Ries
Library Volunteer Coordinator: N/A
Outdoor Beautification: Suzanne Wilcox
REACH - PTA Rep: Amy Kehoe
Reflections - PTA Council Rep: OPEN
Scholarship - PTA Council Rep: Rachel Olson and Kim Murphy
School Beautification: OPEN
School Picture Day: Lara Stavridis
School Supplies: Audra Stanley and Lynnea Brown
Science Olympiad: Julie Vacko and Mr. Hagen
Spartan Store (6th, 7th, 8th): Allison Welz
Spirit Wear: Renee Pas and Rachel Stockard
Summer Rec Open House: OPEN
Teacher Appreciation: Amy Kinsella, Kristie Evers, Julie Poepping and Shawna Roubitchek
Volunteer Coordinator: Alison Dondlinger
Walk Through in August: Beth Hosler
Webmaster: Alicia Duell
2019-2020 Sandburg PTA Membership Information!
Please help keep our traditions alive at Sandburg by joining the PTA.
The PTA sponsors many great events for our students, including:
- Welcome Back to School Events for 6th, 7th and 8th graders;
- 6th grade new student gifts;
- All School Dance;
- Fresh Start Breakfast;
- Spirit Wear;
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation;
- 8th Grade Activity Day and Promotion Party;
- 7th & 8th Grade Dance Class;
- Student Financial Support and much more!
Joining the Sandburg PTA is easy!
Pay with credit card on-line at PTA webstore. Click here. Credit card payments are subject to a 3.99% service fee. Cash/check payers can download the attached form and print return it to the school office with cash or check payment.
PTA Membership fees have remained unchanged for many years, despite the increase in fees owed to the National PTA organization. All PTA programs at Sandburg are funded by Fair Share Fees and additional donations. We are striving for 100% membership this year! Thank you in advance for becoming a PTA member!
Sandburg PTA School Directory
Sandburg Middle School PTA offers our School Directory electronically to paid PTA members. We use Directory Spot to offer our information through an app.
The app is very secure and only paid PTA members will have access. More information on the security features can be found here.
Each new user will receive an email from Directory Spot stating that you have just been added as a user for Sandburg PTA. See image below. You can then log in with your authorized email address and will set your password.
If you already have a password, you do not have to do anything. Log in using your existing username and password and the new Sandburg Directory will be available to you.
If you are a new Directory Spot user, click the “set password” link in the email to set your password, download the DirectorySpot app as instructed and log in to begin using.
If you are a user on more than one Directory Spot directory such as Sandburg Middle School and York HS, you should now see a new icon on the bottom right of the app. It's labeled "Directories.” From there, simply select the school you want, toggling easily between the directories.
The PTA administrator can update Directory Spot at any time throughout the year, so if you have changes in your information, please contact Lara Stavridis at email@example.com.
It’s as simple as that!
Directory Spot Information
Here are a few features you can expect as well as answer to that all important question, "But what if I still want a hard copy?"
- The app will work on both Android and Apple phones.
- Directory Spot provides updates in "real time" so when an address is updated on the master copy, it will automatically update on everyone's devices so you will always have the most current content.
- You can download the directory on a laptop or computer so you will have access to the directory that way as well.
- You can also print a complete, hard copy of the directory from your computer so you have this option if you would prefer it.
- For those who do not have computer, phone, or printer access, the PTA will be happy to print a copy for any families who fall into this category.
- It is secure, password protected, and Directory Spot takes precautions on their end to protect their users.
- Teacher names, email addresses and other helpful information like this will be available via the app.
- You will be able to send an email to a parent or teacher directly from the app.
We hope you find this new way of offering the directory helpful. Other schools and PTAs we know of have done this same thing with great success. As with any change, we know that some may not be fans of this option and we welcome your feedback. It's easy to print a hard copy and we can print one for those who are unable to do so on their own. Going electronic will help us conserve resources as well as offering the easiest way to do updates etc.