The mission of Sandburg PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. We collaborate with the school to encourage students to become confident, independent, responsible and respectful learners.
Sandburg PTA Facebook Page
Please join us on Facebook! We’ve created a group for Sandburg Families where we can connect and stay informed. The primary focus of this page is to share upcoming Sandburg D205 events with each other. Join us on Facebook at Sandburg Families.
Last Updated: August 24, 2021
The Sandburg PTA is looking for volunteers to help plan the below events during the 2021-2022 school year. Open each panel below for more details on each available position. Ready to sign up or have questions about positions? Contact Tracy Ries.
Reflections is a National PTA arts program offering students the chance to explore artistic creativity and earn recognition for their artwork. They will interpret a theme (for example, “Let Your Imagination fly”). Areas included are dance, film production, writing (poem, story, and song composition), photography and visual arts.
Timing: Fall. Completed by the last Friday in October.
- Meet with the D205 Reflections committee and learn theme
- Promote program
- Provide sign-up form, rules, etc. through PTA Website and newsletter, flyers, Scouts, and teachers, (esp. art, gym and music.)
- Send reminders about the deadline
- Collect artwork
- Organize a judging meeting
- Turn in artwork and names of those advancing to D205 Head Chairperson
- Purchase prizes for participants (i.e colored pencils and notebook) and/or organize a pizza party (size dependent)
COMMITTEE POSITIONS FOR 2021-2022
Thank you parents for chairing - much appreciated! Not chairing and want to help? Please contact the chairperson(s) directly.
6th Grade Fall Social: Erin Stratton & Kelly Asseff
6th Grade Spring Social: Kelly Asseff & Tarisse Turek
7th Grade Spring Social: Andrea O'Connor
8th Grade Fall Social: Katerina Hickey & Nicole Krzak
8th Grade Promotion Party: Erin Stratton, Michelle Pike & Julie Vacko
8th Grade Activity Day: Lara Stavridis
All School Dance: Linda Davies
Career Day: Patti Berner
Dance Class: Laura Gibson (8th) & Lesley Gunderson (7th)
Directory: Lara Stavridis
Green Initiative Committee: open
Great Donation Day - PTA Council Rep: Kathleen Meade
Hospitality: Jen Deigl
Library Volunteer Coordinator: Nikki Dolvig
Outdoor/School Beautification: Irasema Simental
REACH - PTA Rep: Nadine Pizarro
Reflections - PTA Council Rep: Leslie Schlesinger & co-chair needed
Scholarship - PTA Council Rep: Tracy Milefchik
School Picture Day: Lara Stavridis
School Supplies: Audra Stanley & Lynnea Brown
Science Olympiad: Julie Vacko
SERG: Laura Fischer
Spartan Store (6th, 7th, 8th): Laura Fischer & Susan Smentek
Spirit Wear: Rachel Stockard & Megan Farley
Summer Recreation Open House: Julie Vacko
Teacher Appreciation: Amy Kinsella, Shawna Roubitchek, Julie Poepping & Kristie Evers
Trivia Night: Jacky Oviedo & Julie Vacko
Volunteer Coordinator: Tracy Ries
Walk Through in August: Julie Vacko
PTA Website Administrator: Anna Wick
2021-2022 Sandburg PTA Membership Information!
Please help keep our traditions alive at Sandburg by joining the PTA.
The PTA sponsors many great events for our students, including:
- Welcome Back to School Events for 6th, 7th and 8th graders
- 6th grade new student gifts
- All School Dance
- Spirit Wear
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation
- 8th Grade Activity Day and Promotion Party
- 7th & 8th Grade Dance Class
- Student Financial Support
- And much more!
Also, joining the PTA gives you access to the electronic Sandburg School directory through the Directory Spot app!
Joining the PTA does *NOT* obligate you to any commitments - we use your dues to help fund all of the PTA events. That said, we are always looking for volunteers to help with all the activities and events we sponsor during the year, and you will be invited to help out with those events as they come up. Also, attending our monthly PTA meetings will help keep you informed about what is going on at Sandburg, and provide you with opportunities to ask questions and give your input.
Joining the Sandburg PTA is easy!
Credit Card: Pay on-line at the PTA MemberHub store. Credit card payments are subject to a service fee.
Check: Download the form, print and fill out, and then mail or drop off with check payment to Kelly McDermott at 178 E Fremont Ave.
PTA Membership fees have remained unchanged for many years, despite the increase in fees owed to the National PTA organization. All PTA programs at Sandburg are funded by Fair Share Fees and additional donations. We are striving for 100% membership this year! Thank you in advance for becoming a PTA member!
For questions contact Kelly McDermott.
Sandburg PTA School Directory
Sandburg Middle School PTA offers our School Directory electronically to paid PTA members. We use Directory Spot to offer our information through an app.
The app is very secure and only paid PTA members will have access. More information on the security features can be found here.
Each new user will receive an email from Directory Spot stating that you have just been added as a user for Sandburg PTA. (See image below.) Click the “set password” link in the email to set your password, download the DirectorySpot app as instructed and log in to begin using.
If you already have an existing username and password for Directory Spot, you do not have to do anything (besides join the PTA). Log in using your existing username and password and the new Sandburg Directory will be available to you.
If you are a user on more than one Directory Spot directory such as Sandburg Middle School and York HS, you should now see a new icon on the bottom right of the app. It's labeled "Directories.” From there, simply select the school you want, toggling easily between the directories.
The PTA administrator can update Directory Spot at any time throughout the year, so if you have changes in your information, please contact Lara Stavridis.
It’s as simple as that!
Directory Spot Information
Here are a few features you can expect:
- The app will work on both Android and Apple phones.
- Directory Spot provides updates in "real time" so when an address is updated on the master copy, it will automatically update on everyone's devices so you will always have the most current content.
- You can download the directory on a laptop or computer so you will have access to the directory that way as well.
- You can also print a complete, hard copy of the directory from your computer so you have this option if you would prefer it.
- For those who do not have computer, phone, or printer access, the PTA will be happy to print a copy for any families who fall into this category.
- It is secure, password protected, and Directory Spot takes precautions on their end to protect their users.
- Teacher names, email addresses and other helpful information like this will be available via the app.
- You will be able to send an email to a parent or teacher directly from the app.