The mission of Sandburg PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. We collaborate with the school to encourage students to become confident, independent, responsible and respectful learners.
COMMITTEE POSITIONS FOR 2018-2019
6th Grade Fall Social: Nicole Krzak and Christina Moss
6th Grade Spring Social: Sarah Makinney and Alison Dondlinger
7th Grade Fall Social: Wendee Reedy
7th Grade Spring Social: Wendee Reedy
8th Grade Fall Social: Suzanne Wilcox and Angela Bagdasarian
8th Grade Promotion Party: Suzanne Wilcox
8th Grade Activity Day: Katerina Hickey
All School Dance: Wendee Reedy
Career Day: Beth Hosler
Dance Class: Val Curry
Directory: Lara Stavridis
Fresh Start Breakfast: Randa Barber and Renee Pas
Great Donation Day - PTA Council Rep: OPEN
Hospitality: Rachel Olson
Library Volunteer Coordinator: Mary Young
Outdoor Beautification: Suzanne Wilcox
REACH - PTA Rep: Brenda Gorman
Reflections - PTA Council Rep: Jenn Toffler
Scholarship - PTA Council Rep: Rachel Olson and Kim Murphy
School Beautification: Beth Hosler
School Picture Day: Lara Stavridis
School Supplies: Nancy Flanagan
Science Olympiad: Christine Simonis and Mr. Hagen
SERG: Christine Simonis
Spartan Store (6th, 7th, 8th): Allison Welz
Spirit Wear: Jeanne Borchardt and Beth Schlief
Summer Rec Open House: Gia Janko
Teacher Appreciation: Alison Dondlinger, Missy Klimek and Jen Hughes
Volunteer Coordinator: Angela Bagdasarian
Walk Through in August: Beth Hosler
Webmaster: Alicia Duell
2018-2019 Sandburg PTA Membership Information!
Please help keep our traditions alive at Sandburg by joining the PTA.
The PTA sponsors many great events for our students, including:
- Welcome Back to School Events for 6th, 7th and 8th graders; 6th grade new student gifts
- ALL School Dance
- Fresh Start Breakfast
- Spirit Wear
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation
- 8th Grade Activity Day; Promotion Party
- 7th & 8th grade dance class, Student Financial Support and much more!
Joining the Sandburg PTA is easy!
SAVE TIME - Hate to wait in lines? You can save time by paying for your PTA membership in advance. It’s simple and easy, and only take a few minutes:
- Pay with credit card on-line at PTA webstore: https://sandburgmspta.revtrak.net/
- Cash/check payers can download the PTA Membership Form and pay via check at the 6th - 8th grade walk through in August or drop off at the Sandburg office.
We are striving for 100% compliance this year!
Thank you in advance for becoming a PTA member!
Questions? Contact Kim Roy at email@example.com
Sandburg PTA School Directory
Sandburg Middle School PTA offers our School Directory electronically to paid PTA members. We use Directory Spot to offer our information through an app.
The app is very secure and only paid PTA members will have access. More information on the security features can be found here.
Each user will received an email from Directory Spot stating that you have just been added as a user for Sandburg PTA. See image below. You can then log in with your authorized email address and will set your password.
If you already have a password, you do not have to do anything. Log in using your existing username and password and the new Sandburg Directory will be available to you.
If you are a new Directory Spot user, click the “set password” link in the email to set your password, download the DirectorySpot app as instructed and log in to begin using.
If you are a user on more than one Directory Spot directory such as Sandburg Middle School and York HS, you should now see a new icon on the bottom right of the app. It's labeled "Directories.” From there, simply select the school you want, toggling easily between the directories.
The PTA administrator can update Directory Spot at any time throughout the year, so if you have changes in your information, please contact Lara Stavridis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s as simple as that!
Directory Spot Information
Here are a few features you can expect as well as answer to that all important question, "But what if I still want a hard copy?"
- The app will work on both Android and Apple phones.
- Directory Spot provides updates in "real time" so when an address is updated on the master copy, it will automatically update on everyone's devices so you will always have the most current content.
- You can download the directory on a laptop or computer so you will have access to the directory that way as well.
- You can also print a complete, hard copy of the directory from your computer so you have this option if you would prefer it.
- For those who do not have computer, phone, or printer access, the PTA will be happy to print a copy for any families who fall into this category.
- It is secure, password protected, and Directory Spot takes precautions on their end to protect their users.
- Teacher names, class lists, room numbers and other helpful information like this will be available via the app.
- You will be able to send an email to a parent or teacher directly from the app.
We hope you find this new way of offering the directory helpful. Other schools and PTAs we know of have done this same thing with great success. As with any change, we know that some may not be fans of this option and we welcome your feedback. It's easy to print a hard copy and we can print one for those who are unable to do so on their own. Going electronic will help us conserve resources as well as offering the easiest way to do updates etc.